Consumers really do support businesses because they are a chamber member. Based on a study*commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives:
Consumers TRUST a Chamber Business…
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. Additionally it is 29% more effective for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
When faced with a choice, consumers will choose a chamber member…
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
In short, the results show that being active in the local chamber of commerce is a good strategy for businesses to communicate that they:
1) use good business practices,
2) are reputable,
3) care about customers and,
4) are involved in their community.
So be encouraged….your chamber membership is getting noticed! Make sure to put your chamber membership in the forefront of your marketing efforts. Some ways to do this are:
- Display your chamber membership window sticker prominently and proudly.
- Display the Chamber Logo on your company web-site.
- Network by attending chamber coffees, ribbon-cuttings, Business-After-Hours & open houses.
- Attend annual chamber functions such as annual banquet, awards luncheon, & Toast to Fremont.
- Utilize the various marketing & sponsorship opportunities, i.e. Marketeer, web-site ad, business spotlight article, & newsletter sponsorships.
- Attend one of our councils, i.e., Government Affairs, Business Development, Membership, Agricultural Business and Natural Resources, Higher Education.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the chamber staff to help improve the Chamber’s fulfillment of its mission to “promote a favorable business climate for its membership and provide leadership to improve the economy and quality of life in the Fremont area.”
*The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce: A Research Study, Commissioned by the ACCE with support from Small Business Network, Inc. The Schapiro Group, Inc. and Market St., 127 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 1540, Atlanta, GA 30303